Electric Guitar Tutorial Videos
Whilst learning to play the electric guitar I have been trawling through YouTube to find tutorials and guides, and rather than bookmark the best ones and keep them to myself, I thought I'd share them with everybody else, so here is my collection of the best beginner electric guitar tutorials.
Adverts Blocked This website is supported entirely by advertisements. Please disable AdBlocking software so that I can continue providing free content and services.
First things first. The day I got my first guitar I broke the high E string during tuning, so I bought a new set of Rotosound Yellows and used the following tutorial to restring my guitar.
In addition to this I didn't cut the string until I was happy with how all the strings were wound. I also gave a tug to each string to make sure that the ball was in the bridge properly.
Next, I wanted to start playing tunes, but not the standard boring songs from the books. I wanted to get right into rock and metal. Deep Purples Smoke on the Water seems to be the starting point for most, so I made it mine as well.
I used this great tutorial from Marty of GuitarJams How to Play Smoke On the Water - Beginner Guitar Lessons.
I then went in search of some more basic tutorials and eventually found this great set of tutorials by Gustavo Oliveira entitled "Absolute Beginner Guitar Lesson" and was perfect for what I wanted - A tutorial for somebody who has never played a guitar before and didn't know anything about them!
- Absolute Beginner Guitar Lesson Part 1 coveres the absolute basics and assumes that you know nothing about guitars.
- Absolute Beginner Guitar Lesson Part 2 Covers basic information including parts of a guitar, string identification, frets, pickups and so on.
- Absolute Beginner Guitar Lesson Part 3 talks about how to tune an electric guitar.
- Absolute Beginner Guitar Lesson Part 4 looks at different left and right hand techniques that are used while playing the guitar.
- Absolute Beginner Guitar Lesson Part 5 - How to play "I can't get no satisfaction" by the Rolling Stones and "Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison.
- Absolute Beginner Guitar Lesson Part 6 - How to play "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple. Also sliding.
- Absolute Beginner Guitar Lesson Part 7 - How to play "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin. Also Chords and Arpeggios.
- Absolute Beginner Guitar Lesson Part 8 - How to play "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin (cont.)
- Absolute Beginner Guitar Lesson Part 9 - Conclusions, frequently asked questions and demos.
And finally, somebody that explains what Power Chords are! It's all very well saying you do a D power chord, or convert this and that to power chords - but what are they!! This video was able to solve all that for me! Rock Power Chords
Last updated on: Saturday 17th June 2017
There are no comments for this post. Be the first!