Cabbage soup, often seen as boring and bland has been given a hot and spicy cabbage twist in this special cabbage soup recipe with chicken, chili. Cabbage soup reinvented!
The spicy jalapeño chili's in this cabbage soup can help to raise your metabolic rate, and the tangy apple cider vinegar has been shown to help keep blood sugar levels steady after a meal. This cabbage soup is packed full of filling fiber from the cabbage and protein from the chicken, so it's good for everyone!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Medium onion, chopped and sliced
- 1 Medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Large green cabbage (5-6 leaves) sliced
- 2 jalapeño chili, sliced or finely chopped
- 2 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 400ml Vegetable broth
- 200g Chicken breast, diced
My website and its content are free to use without the clutter of adverts, tracking cookies, marketing messages or anything else like that. If you enjoyed reading this article, or it helped you in some way, all I ask in return is you leave a comment below or share this page with your friends. Thank you.